BMW cars can now PAY for their own parking across UK after ‘invisible update’
BMW cars can now pay for their own parking – giving you more time to get on with your day.
A new partnership with a UK parking giant makes it significantly easier to park up.
- Read all the latest Phones & Gadgets news
- Keep up-to-date on Apple stories
- Get the latest on Facebook, WhatsApp and Instagram
Around 150,000 BMW models will get access to an in-car RingGo app.
RingGo is one of the nation’s most popular apps for parking – offered in 450 towns and cities across the country.
Normally you’d have to get out your phone for an app or automated phone line, or even scramble for some cash.
But the new in-car app will let you instantly book parking for your current location using the BMW touchscreen.
It’s part of the BMW iDrive infotainment system, which is available in most post-2018 models.
“We are delighted to have worked closely with RingGo to give our customers an intuitive, helpful experience,” said BMW’s Chris Hollis.
“The new feature will be delivered as an integrated vehicle app and installed automatically over-the-air.”
BMW says the update will be available to any and all BMW vehicles in the UK using Operating System 7 – and built from July 2018.
It’s estimated that this means over 150,000 BMW models will get access to it.
And you won’t need to do anything to get it: your car will be automatically upgraded with the new tech.
Best Phone and Gadget tips and hacks
Looking for tips and hacks for your phone? Want to find those secret features within social media apps? We have you covered…
- How to get your deleted Instagram photos back
- How can I change my Facebook password?
- How can I do a duet on TikTok?
- Here's how to use your iPhone's Apple logo as a BUTTON
- How can I change my Amazon Alexa voice in seconds?
- What is dating app Bumble?
- How can I increase my Snapchat score?
- How can I test my broadband internet speed?
- Here's how to find your Sky TV remote in SECONDS
In other news, Audi’s A6 e-tron promises a whopping 436-mile range.
The new Porsche Panamera has “night vision” and even does Shiatsu massages.
Jaguar recently created a “contactless touchscreen”.
Amazon Auto now puts Alexa in your car.
And Nissan has created an "eco lullaby" that soothes babies in electric cars with the "sounds of combustion engine".
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online Tech & Science team? Email us at [email protected]
Source: Read Full Article