AMONG Us has just gotten a huge update that adds roles and a storefront to the game.
The indie title became hugely popular during lockdown – so much so that Fortnite lifted the formula for its Impostors mode.
Among Us gameplay has been fairly straightforward so far, but the new update has added adjustable roles to spice things up.
There's also a new progression system which will reward players with XP, and trophy hunters will be happy to see the addition of achievements.
And the peacocks among you will be able to go wild with cosmetic options that can be unlocked in the store.
Among Us New Roles
Four new roles have been added to add more depth to Among Us gameplay.
- Crewmate Roles
- Scientist: Access vitals at any time. Complete tasks to recharge your battery
- Engineer: Can use the vents
- Guardian Angel: Cast a protection shield around the remaining Crewmates
- Shapeshifter: Disguise yourself by morphing into any other Crewmate
Previously, only Impostors could vent, and there was no way to avoid being killed, or to check the status of crewmates.
The new additions should shake up the basic format and are completely customisable down to adjusting probability and individual abilities.
Among Us Cosmicubes
Cosmicubes is basically "a new way for you to get exclusive cosmetics and show off your gear." According to the blog update, this includes:
- Brand new customization options: Both free and paid. Visor cosmetics and special name plates make it even more fun to change up your look, plus additional pets, hats, and skins
- Cosmicubes and unlockable cosmetics: Even more themed items are now unlockable via our new branching Cosmicube system! Play the game, gather resources, and reap the rewards of your murde– uh, I mean, tasks. Cosmicubes are a special feature for Among Us! There will be both paid and free varieties, and have more premium sets of themed items.
Cosmetics won't affect gameplay, and are simply visual additions to jazz up your avatar.
DLC cosmetics purchased on Steam or on mobile will be carried over but the devs warn that you can only connect cosmetics to your account once.
An in-game pop up will guide you through the process.
There are various ways to unlock cosmetics:
- Cosmicubes: Special cosmetic cubes that have themed items you unlock via a branching path. These items tend to be more special or detailed. Different Cosmicubes are bought using Beans or Stars, but their contents can only be unlocked by earning Pods through gameplay
- Beans: Resource awarded through normal online gameplay! Use it to redeem cosmetics and some Cosmicubes in the store. Free and very bean shaped
- Stars: This is our Premium Currency resource, bought with cold hard cash. You can buy these in the game and use it to purchase special items and some Cosmicubes
- Pods: Gathered through gameplay IF AND ONLY IF you have a Cosmicube activated. Each Cosmicube has a different type of Pod associated with its contents, and Pods cannot be transferred between Cosmicubes
- XP: Experience given based on playtime – will only be used for character leveling, which provides multiplier bonuses for Beans and Pods earned whenever you gain a new level
The blog notes that you can accumulate currency to spend whenever you like.
While new items and XP can be accessed across your account on different platforms, the exception is the Nintendo Switch.
Stars bought on the Switch can only be used on that specific platform, so you can't access them elsewhere.
The studio notes that "in the future, Pods & Beans earned on Switch can be shared across most systems. It’s not currently available with this update, but we’re working on it!"
There are also some tweaks to the controls that you can check out on the blog.
- Read the latest stories for PS5
- Keep up-to-date with all the Xbox news
- Read the latest gaming news
All the latest Gaming tips and tricks
Looking for tips and tricks across your favourite consoles and games? We have you covered…
- Where is PS5 in stock NOW?
- Where can I buy Xbox Series X/S?
- Nintendo Switch OLED stock
- Can you play PS4 games on PS5?
- What are the Pokemon Go Eevee Evolutions?
- Everything you need to know about Roblox
- Who created Fortnite?
- Most popular Roblox games
- All the GTA 5 mods and cheats
- Best video games for 2021
- How to get free Robux
- How many people play Fortnite?
Fortnite Chapter 3 is coming soon and sending players to the Flipside – here’s the evidence.
Call of Duty: Vanguard campaign LOCKED for some players – here’s how to fix.
Elder Scrolls 6 release date: Fans warned Skyrim sequel is YEARS away.
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online Tech & Science team? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Source: Read Full Article