Ring doorbell owners are just realising there's an important setting they must check – here's how | The Sun
RING Doorbell owners are just realising that there's a one stop shop to figure out what's wrong with their device.
It's the Device Health tile inside the Ring app.
The Device Health option gives Ring owners a section containing all of the operational information for their device.
"If something goes wrong, the information and tools on this page can help you solve it," according to Ring.
To access the Device Health tile, simply follow these steps:
- Open the Ring app
- Tap the menu icon (three horizontal lines) in the top left corner
- Tap Devices
- Select the desired device
- Tap Device Health
READ MORE ON RING DOORBELLS
Ring doorbell owners are missing out on genius delivery trick
Ring doorbell owners are going wild for cheap accessory that solves a big problem
Here's a breakdown of what each section entails:
- Power Source: This tells you what power source your device is running on.
- Battery Level: If your device is running on a battery, this percentage lists how much power is left in the battery.
Most read in Tech
Is Spotify down? Music fans furious as app 'breaks'
Sky customers receive another free upgrade – and telly fans will love it
Search your Android phone for 3 'dangerous' icons right now – no time to lose
iPhone and Android users warned over ‘dangerous’ app that could cost you dearly
- Signal Strength: This tells you how strong the WiFi signal going to your device is.
- Network Name: The name of the WiFi network your device is attached to.
- Change WiFi Network: This tool will allow you change the network that your device is attached to. You must be near your device and have your WiFi password handy if you wish to change it.
- Last Health Check: This is the last time the information on this screen has been updated.
- Mac Address: The network location of your device. Ring Community Support may ask you for this while troubleshooting.
- Firmware: This lists the version of your Ring device’s software.
- Test Your WiFi: This leads to an online bandwidth test that will let you know the speeds of your WiFi network.
- Troubleshoot Notifications: This will take you to an article detailing how to solve the most common problems with your notifications.
- Ring System Status: In the unlikely event of an operational failure on Ring's end, you’ll see notice of it here.
- Device Health Report: In the case of an issue with your device, this will open a help article that can assist you in resolving the issue on your own.
- Contact Support: In the event you have questions, you can get contact our 24/7 support centre directly from this control.
It should be noted that not all of the following information will appear in every Device Health page, this is because it depends on what device you have.
You will only see the information relevant to the Ring device you own.
Best Phone and Gadget tips and hacks
Looking for tips and hacks for your phone? Want to find those secret features within social media apps? We have you covered…
- How to delete your Instagram account
- What does pending mean on Snapchat?
- How to check if you've been blocked on WhatsApp
- How to drop a pin on Google Maps
- How can I change my Facebook password?
- How to go live on TikTok
- How to clear the cache on an iPhone
- What is NFT art?
- What is OnlyFans?
- What does Meta mean?
Get all the latest WhatsApp, Instagram, Facebook and other tech gadget stories here.
Source: Read Full Article