EVER feel like you want to give Google Chrome a fresh lick of paint?
Well there's two ways to give Chrome a custom coat, should you want to personalise your browser.
Google has a number of pre-set designs to choose from, if you don't want to go through the process of making your own.
But they're certainly not as fun.
The tech giant introduced customisable colour schemes alongside the dark mode setting back in 2020.
Though sometimes you want to show a bit more of your personality with your browser.
READ MORE ON GOOGLE
Google users warned to watch out if searching 2 phrases –scammers set traps
I found dozens of Google Chrome ‘secrets’ that were hiding in plain sight
The first way to create a custom theme for the browser is with a web app.
ThemeBeta is one web app which is favoured by experts, which you can use to add custom colour themes and images to Chrome.
Opera is another app which plants a Customise Chrome button on your Google search tab.
From there you can choose a custom Chrome background image.
Most read in Tech
Billions of Android owners warned over THREE 'criminal' apps – check yours today
Gmail and Outlook users warned over 'kiss of death' button that's bank disaster
Mysterious outer space radio signals detected in hunt for alien life
Millions of Facebook users entitled to compensation pay out – see if you qualify
The second option is for those who are a bit more tech-savvy.
It involved coding a theme with a manifest.json file.
- Once you download the file or folder with your custom theme for Google Chrome, open the browser and enter chrome://extensions/ inside the search bar.
- Next, click the Developer mode option in order to turn it on.
- Now, drag and drop the downloaded file with your theme onto this page.
- Click Add theme in case you are asked for confirmation whether to add it or not. Your custom theme will now be added.
- It will be applied to your browser. If you want to reverse the changes, click the Undo button.
Best Phone and Gadget tips and hacks
Looking for tips and hacks for your phone? Want to find those secret features within social media apps? We have you covered…
- How to delete your Instagram account
- What does pending mean on Snapchat?
- How to check if you've been blocked on WhatsApp
- How to drop a pin on Google Maps
- How can I change my Facebook password?
- How to go live on TikTok
- How to clear the cache on an iPhone
- What is NFT art?
- What is OnlyFans?
- What does Meta mean?
Get all the latest WhatsApp, Instagram, Facebook and other tech gadget stories here.
Source: Read Full Article